Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 2nd Impressions

Following on from "TV 360 1st Impressions" post https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TV-360-1st-impressions/m-p/4410467#M1...

I am finding more features. At first, I didn't see that it handled recorded programmes very well but I was being led astray by pretty pictures. I could only 'see' 3 or 4 recordings until I pressed OK when the red bar is on Saved. Then you see a list similar to the V6 system.

And that is a key point about the menu system! Pressing OK when an item is highlighted with the red bar opens up deeper menus.

Another tip discovered with the remote is to press keys more or less at random and see what happens, especially the OK key. For example, when you have finished watching a recording, press OK twice to get a menu that allows you to delete it.

When watching a programme, the < and > arrows next to OK will move the recording back and forward. Hold them to move back and forth. Also pressing > once skips forward 30 seconds.

The new system is well integrated with catch-up services with most main providers. You don't seem to need an app (except for BBC iplayer?). You can flip back through the Guide to select a programme. And Watch Lists can be useful if you want to catch something without having recorded it.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/619349 had a comment about subtitles. If you set up a profile, you can permanently enable subtitles across all channels for that user.

Radio stations In the new box, radio is downgraded. You cannot record radio or select radio with a channel number. There is a separate menu which does remember your choices. I used to listened to the 'radio' via the box but lately (before I got the new VM box) I have used an LG smart speaker, so not really noticed this change.

I have had some issues with audio syncing. The 360 box does have an adjuster within the settings. But I haven't felt I have got it right just yet. This will be dependent on the 360 and TV audio setup combination so you mileage may vary.

I still don't like the remote (I don't use voice control). Placing the Mute button so far from the volume control doesn't feel right.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 2nd Impressions

Not sure how to set up a profile but will have a look. 
Looked at catch up but the programs my wife was watching aren’t there. Bought a firestick to get the apps we need.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

To create a profile, press the profile button on the side of  your remote control, or go by the settings menu, and follow the instructions on the screen. With the same button you can switch between your profiles at any time.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank You newapollo 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

All 4 app seems to have vanished on my new box. Is it just me? Shame, because All 4 had loads of things not available on catch up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi AdamGiles,

I'm afraid channel 4 haven't updated/made it available for the new box yet. Most of the programs are still available in catch up. 

More apps will be added over time.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

That's good to know. I used to watch a lot of the WP shows which are only available on the app. It was only just new to the Tivo box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

All4, My5 and ITV Hug not there yet on TV360 box my wife watches a lot on the All4 app luckily we have a firestick and have the apps on that for now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

When I plan to record a future programme, a window comes up advising "You have too many recordings planned at the same time", which was odd as I hadn't ever planned a single programme.

When I wished to catch up on a programme earlier the same day, it only showed last week's recording.

Finally, I am grateful for you pointing out about special provision for radio.  There seems only provision for hearing current programmes, while before I could put in a series recording, for example for The News Quiz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Where in the 360 settings can I find the adjuster for the sound ?    ( in your write up you referred to using it )

The slim booklet says go to 'help' .. but there is no help .

thanks

0 Kudos