Menu
bozman74
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Swap back from 360 to V6 boxes

I’ve had the new 360 boxes for a few months and I feel short changed. I get buffering when using multi-room and watching recorded content and don’t like the 5 mins buffer when pausing live TV. 

Am I able to swap out the 360 boxes and return to V6 boxes running 360 software?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swap back from 360 to V6 boxes

The short answer is, no you can't.

A migration from TiVo firmware to Horizon/360 firmware is a one-way trip. Some people have managed it, but only with some significant effort and a very hard-fought battle. For all intents - you can't revert.

Having said that - buffering when streaming sounds like a connectivity issue to me. Not necessarily a 360 issue but probably fixable. Can you explain the symptoms a little more? Is this VoD? Streaming apps? Multiroom streaming? And how are the boxes connected to your homehub - Ethernet or WiFi?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
bozman74
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. I’m talking about physically swapping the 360 boxes out and returning to V6 boxes with 360 software. Will VM do that?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No, they won't. Once you've migrated to the 360 platform then you are on the 360 platform. There's no going back to a V6 box running TiVo software.

Although just for clarity, the 5minute buffer should only be a limitation on mini-boxes that don't have a hard drive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you want to pause for longer than 5 mins when using the mini box you need to set the programme to record on the main box, easy enough to do just press record on your mini box and it will record on the main box and then you can pause for longer than 5 mins. Just make sure both boxes are set to fast start or active start or it won't work.