cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming apps glitching on V6 box

Bowiexox
Joining in

I'm writing on behalf of my parents. 

Their V6 box is glitching/jumping when watching streaming services (netflix/Disney+/prime) this had been happening quite a while ago and has been getting worse since. This is the main way my parents can watch streaming sites so are now missing out on these, I've reached out on twitter but were unable to help 

Can someone help with this? I've tried turning the box off and on and there's no settings where I can clear cache 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bowiexox 

Are you sure that your parents have a V6 box?

The Disney + app is only available on the Tv360 and Stream boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bowiexox 

Are you sure that your parents have a V6 box?

The Disney + app is only available on the Tv360 and Stream boxes.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Whoops, my apologies. I don't have any virgin services so I thought it was only one. 

It is the virgin 360 box 

Reposting due to mistake!

My parents own the virgin 360 box. Their streaming apps (netflix/Disney+/prime) all "glitch"/jump when something is being played and is stopping my parents from now accessing these. 

Is there a way to resolve this? I can't find any settings to uninstall/restall or "reset" them. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Bowiexox 

The streaming services use the internet. If possible they should connect an ethernet cable between the hub and the 360 box.

Do they have any problems their internet services?

If they are using wifi then they might be able to fine tune the wifi settings.

Have they separated the SSID's in their hub to differentiate between 2.4G and 5G?  2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if they have problems on 5GHz they can try changing to 2.4GHz.

This section details how to separate the 2 bands if they haven't already done so:-

Open a browser and log into the hub 192.168.0.1 - then navigate to the following settings so they can differentiate between the signals.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal > click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then  click on Apply Changes. 

Now go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add a 2 to the end of the 2.4GHz Channel name.and click on Apply Changes.

Leave the passwords the same as they are.  Then log out of the hub at the top of the page

They will need to reconnect all their Wi-Fi devices again, some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

They could also do a search for an app such as wifi analyzer which tells you the strength of the channel you are connected on, and also shows other channels so they can decide if they want to change the channel number on their hub

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal >  beneath both the 5Ghz and  2.4GHz sections click on the manual button, and in the drop down box click on the channel number they want to change it to, then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes.

If they are on the Gig1 Fibre Broadband, Volt or Ultimate Oomph packages then they could possibly take advanatge of the wifi speed guarantee and order wifi pods. See the following page https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do your parents have problems with other internet-based functions on their 360 box?

OnDemand programmes as well as streaming apps - these all use the internet. A programme from C4 or C5 would be a good test as these don't use apps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bowiexox,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and we're sorry to hear that your parents are having some issues accessing the streaming apps through their TV box.

As @newapollo and @japitts advised, the issue could be with the broadband Hub, if streaming services are impacted. Have you been able to follow the instructions they provided to see if that can help resolve your parent's connection issue?

I've taken a look at our systems and I cannot see any local issues impacting their services. However, I can see some issues with the power levels of your Broadband connection. In order to have this issue rectified, we would need to arrange for a technician appointment. 

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bowiexox,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for connection issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bowiexox,

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Messages! Thank you for the kind words and glad to hear that you're happy with your rescheduled appointment date.

Please keep us updated on how you're getting on and if you need any further help going forward. 😊 

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team