Menu
crigley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for installation from 26 April

I spoke to Virginmedia, with a view to upgrading my services. After a short conversation, i went for upgrading packages, and replacing 1Tivo6 and 2 Old style Tivo Boxes, for the 3x New tivo 360's. Engineer visit arranged, Great.

That was untill the appointment passed, and i was then told that, Due to Covid, the visit was in a "Pending" state... 

Just trying to find out, when my new boxes will be installed ?

I now also find out this "Customers will receive a £10 monthly bill credit until we can safely complete their order."

??

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still waiting for installation from 26 April

I'm guessing they'll have more information on the 17th of May when further restrictions are lifted.

Until then, only essential services are being carried out, such as faults.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Migrating upto 2 x V6 into a 360's is just a software update. Migrating 3 or more boxes requires a manned visit. Also be aware your 2 x TiVo's will likely be swapped for 360-minis that don't have hard drives and use the hard drive on one of the main boxes. So if I'm reading your setup correctly, you'll go from 2Tb of HDD (assuming your TiVo's are the 500Gb variant) to 1Tb on the master 360.

There is currently no known date for resumption of non-essential home visits, although you can follow the latest policy on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update 

I'm not sure on the bill credit question - I've always assumed this was automatic.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

crigley
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response,

The saga continues,  I have just spent nearly an hour, on the tech chat, speaking to an agent, who was very helpful. He tried to arrange, for my Tivo6, to be software upgraded to a Tivo360, but, due to the fact, it wasnt my "main Box", he couldnt. So, i would have to contact Tech support, to get my 2x Tivo boxes, replaced with Tivo6's, then contact Virgin Media, to upgrade all 3 to Tivo360?

The Mind Boggles, could he not just change the Tivo6, to be the main box, on the Account ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crigley, 

Thanks for you post 🙂 

Have you had the 360 remotes posted out to you ? As you need this to up[date the software on the V6 's?

Zoie

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Also remember the V6 box is capable of taking the 360 software, but the TiVo cannot.

So you'll either need the TiVo's swapping for V6's, and then have the 360 software applied (preferable)

Or go for the 360 migration but your TiVo's will then be swapped for minis that don't have hard drives and are just slaves of the master.

And by means of advice on terminology - there's no such thing as a Tivo 360. TiVo is the software that drives the TiVo & V6 boxes. 360 is a different platform entirely.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
crigley
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It Just gets more and moreannoying.

So after spending 45 minutes on chat, trying to software update my Tivo6, to a Tivo360. I find out, that it cant be done, as the main box on my account is a standard Tivo, the update apparently, can ONLY be done, on the main Box in the property....."So just switch the Tivo6, to be the main box" i said, but the guy i was speaking to, couldnt do that.  The only outcome, was to replace the 2x Tivo's, with Tivo6's, supposedly, at no extra cost, but i would have to speak to technical, for this to be arranged.  That i hav now done, only to be told that "yes Sir" that will be £99 activation fee, per box!!!!!!!, ok then, "Change the main box on my account, to be my Tivo6", sorry sir, cant be done...

So what am i now supposed to do, when i signed the new contract, i was lead to beleive, that i would by now, have 3 Tivo360 boxes, and all would be well(ish) in the world, oh well, only another 16 months till i can cancell i suppose, unless anyone has any other ideas??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
crigley
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

nope, apparently they cant, as the Tivo6, isnt the main bo on the account....

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have you spoken to retensions as opposed to the off shore call centre, call 150 from your virgin phone and select the I am thinking of leaving option, hopefully they will be able to sort your problem.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Do the points already made in my post-6 above, help at all? I'll repeat them, with perhaps a tad more explanation.

There's no such thing as a TiVo360 - TiVo is the software platform that powers the TiVo & V6 boxes. Horizon powers the 360 boxes.

You either need to swap your TiVo's for V6's, and then migrate the software to 360. Or swap the TiVo's for 360-minis (without hard drives).

You appear (from my reading of this thread) to have 1 x V6 & 2 x TiVo, is that right? If so, I'd strongly recommend just trying to get the TiVo's swapped for V6 and have 3 of those - if nothing else, it simplifies this query into something less complex than it doesn't need to be.

If you then want to migrate the V6s over to 360, things are a lot simpler - you may need a tech visit for it (the 3box rule that seems to prevail), but at least it's far more straightforward than is the case now. Not to mention the advantage in storage space.

0 Kudos