Menu
CalKlein
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Startover on Premier Sports

Hi

Not sure whether it’s my setup but start over does not appear as an option for premier sports 1. It is for premier sports 2 and freesports. The programs are available on Premier player but not through my 360 box.

is this correct?

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Startover on Premier Sports

Hi calklein,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem.

Could you clarify what you mean by start over? Do you mean that you are trying to watch shows on Catch Up? Does this happen with every programme, or is it only with certain shows?

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've checked backwards for a week on the EPG, and also gone forward a week. There is no start over option on any of those days for either PS1 or PS2.

However there are a good number of programs available with start over on Freesports, most of which are repeats from the pay channels PS1 & PS2
Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
CalKlein
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just checked again, but I have programmes showing on Premier Sports 2 and La LigaTV but not Premier Sports 1 or boxing TV. So I checked the premier player on the box and on the website - the programmes are showing on PremierPlayer on the website but not on the TV360.

So I am assuming that Virgin are only allowing the server access for Premier Sports 2 and not Premier Sports 1 or Boxing TV

https://imgur.com/PvgzoXC

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

OK, it appears that I can see the rewind and catch up options on Freesports because it's not a premium add on

My EPG isn't showing the rewind and catch up options on PS1 & PS2   because I don't subscribe to the channels

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi @CalKlein

Unfortunately the image you have linked is blocked, can you please confirm for me if there's an error code showing when you try to watch Premier Sports 1 or Boxing TV from your TV360 box?

Can you also please explain for me what you mean by 'Start Over' - are you trying to watch the sport via Catch Up?

May I ask which TV package you are subscribed to?

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Startover – lets customers skip back to the beginning of live programmes, even if they’ve already started. It's only available on around 30 channels. It plays some of the programs from the cloud, and others like BBC1 from catch up

Dave

CalKlein
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello Serena

Startover is the option to watch the programme from the beginning if you tune in part way through on the 360 box. It is linked to catchup etc on the Virgin Media Services. 

It appears that even though the programmes are on the premier player, this is not activated on Premier Sports 1. 

I am to max it and premier sports

F858181C-3638-49E7-8D37-65F55958CB51.jpeg

0 Kudos
CalKlein
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

No problem, I thought that might be the reason. Thanks again for your help.

Deffo worthy of your superstar status
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Startover programs have a white icon, during the time the program is on. However if the icon is greyed out it means the program will be available on Catch Up.

This is the picture CarlKlein posted showing the startover feature wasn't available on PS1 at that current time. Possibly a rights issue showing live football, or no programs available via startover on that channel

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

0 Kudos