Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Startover Feature on 360 box

The booklet mentions this but I can’t work out how to activate it - any ideas? Also, a programme that is currently recording doesn’t appear in the saved section so how do you watch it from the start while recording without being diverted to BBC iPlayer etc? Thanks in anticipation!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Startover Feature on 360 box

Assuming ‘start over’ refers to being able to watch a program, that has already started, from the start, this is not available for all channels but will be offered when it is.

When a planned recording starts to record, it moves from the planned section of saved to the recorded section and can be watched from there. You will be offered to either start from the beginning or watch live.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your speedy response Ernie C. There was no caveat on the Startover (Virgin's own terminology) feature mentioned in the leaflet I was given with the new box, so thank you for clarifying that (I was, indeed, referring to the ability to watch an already started programme from the start).

I tried to watch an already recording programme last night, but it had definitely not moved into the Saved section, and didn't do so until it was fully recorded. I'll have another go tonight, but my only option last night was to use the iPlayer (where the picture quality is not really up to scratch). Once I've had another go I'll post again. I appreciate your help on this.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I tried it again last night, and it worked exactly as you described, so thanks. No idea what happened on Sunday!
While I'm typing - do you have any idea what the four coloured buttons at the bottom of the remote are for?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They can be used for various functions, dependent on what you’re doing.

As an example, you should see the usual red button on BBC channels.

Also red button was used to get to the 4K stream from the BT Sports channel during the US Open tennis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - again - you're a star!
0 Kudos