cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify on 360 box

BlueBlade
Joining in

How do I add spotify and other apps to my virgin 360 box like I used to do on tivo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot add apps to Virgin boxes. They are in a “walled garden” & only apps that Virgin has specific agreements with are automatically loaded on their boxes.

Spotify was removed from TiVO boxes in 2016.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot add apps to Virgin boxes. They are in a “walled garden” & only apps that Virgin has specific agreements with are automatically loaded on their boxes.

Spotify was removed from TiVO boxes in 2016.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BLueBlade, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

nodrogd is 100% correct. You're not able to add any apps to your 360 service. Only apps we have agreements with can be added. We're always open to hear your feedback on what you'd like added though. 

Any changes will be announced here

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I know its been 6 years, but I still miss Spotify on the TV

You want to know what we want? In that case we want Spotify, Disney plus, Discovery On Demand apps please  if it comes at the cost of Brit box, VEVO and STV player we don't want that rubbish so that's fine 👍

If you can watch any of these through your TV just set up a subscription if required, I don't suppose you think Virgin are just going to add disney + for free. There are also several post's saying Sky have an exclusive deal to show it, but as it's now available on the new virgin stream box maybe it's not far away.

Hi @Alexsherman thanks for your posts.

We'll certainly pass on your feedback.  Any updates we may make, would be announced here.  In the meantime do you have your desired apps on a smart TV or DVD/Blu Ray player?

Regards

Lee

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Alexsherman 

The latest press releases for both VM and O2 can be found on the following page.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali