cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitter cable too short

dav1deo
Tuning in

Hi everyone,

Recently upgraded to the 360TV service and received the self-install boxset without issue. Unfortunately, the cable supplied is too short to make it to the TV box from the router so we're a bit stuck. Are there any recommended suppliers of longer splitter cables you can recommend?

When upgrading I also raised the issue of patchy wifi signal in a few of our rooms and the member of Virgin staff I spoke to indicated that he would send some boosters as part of the upgrade package. However, these did not arrive and, having reviewed the documents sent confirming the package, these look to be missing. My suspicion is that I'll have no luck getting these now, but has anyone had any success with anything similar in the past?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you mean the co-ax run from your wall-point to TV360 is too short? That'll need a VM tech to attend if so.

Or the Ethernet cable from your router to TV360? Ethernet cables are standard IT kit, or you can use wireless.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you mean the co-ax run from your wall-point to TV360 is too short? That'll need a VM tech to attend if so.

Or the Ethernet cable from your router to TV360? Ethernet cables are standard IT kit, or you can use wireless.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Apologies - the co-ax so it looks like an engineer job on this occasion! Are you able to book a VM tech through the forum or will I have to phone?

Many thanks for your help with this.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dav1deo 

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Does the connect app show you have wifi balckspots? If so and you are on a volt package then you may also be able to request wifi pods (you can only order one at a time) whilst on the phone.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Many thanks - very much appreciated.

Will probably have to wait on it being picked up here as work/children somewhat limit my time to call people at the moment.

We are on the Volt package and I will download the Connect app - many thanks for bringing this to my attention, too!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dav1deo, thanks for posting here with your issue and sorry to hear of the cable being too short for your TV box to connect to the isolator plate (white wall mounted box).

Happy to help out with this, please keel an eye here for the purple envelope at the top-right corner, as I will PM you shortly.
Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs