cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split recordings

13geckotoes
Tuning in

Hi

I've found a previous thread about this issue but the solution doesn't seem to work for me. Hope someone knows a fix.

Where films are split into 2 parts on a channel, the second part is not being recorded on my 360. An archived answer suggests that series linking solves the problem, but it doesn't for me as I think the box thinks the second part is a repeat of the first part so doesn't record it.

For example, I have series-linked Aurora Teagarden Mysteries on Great! Movies. All of these episodes are 105-110 minutes long, with a break in the middle for 5 minutes of movie news, which is listed as a separate programme. However, when I go to the recording only the first 55 minutes is there. It's not possible to force a recording of the second half because it shows as being a planned recording already. 

Any tips greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Have you tried using the Advanced options when setting a recording or series link, you can then choose the amount of extra time you want before the program starts and after the program finishes, you can extend this by up to 3 hours.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Superstar

Have you tried using the Advanced options when setting a recording or series link, you can then choose the amount of extra time you want before the program starts and after the program finishes, you can extend this by up to 3 hours.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's a good workaround @roy247 

In the meantime I've found the original post from May which I had flagged to admin and have flagged the issue again

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali