cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific App Problem

Jhtw8
Joining in

I am having trouble connecting BBC iPlayer and ITV hub. When using voice control, it simply says this action cannot be performed. When opened using the ‘…’ button on the associated channel or going via ‘Apps’, the screen goes black and nothing happens. Netflix is working okay and so is the rest of the TV, there are no issues when I run a diagnostic on my Virgin account online, nor are there any in the area. I have also changed the TV remote batteries and check all connections - any suggestions appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jhtw8,

I've moved your post to the TV360 forum because the V6 doesn't have voice control or the contextual button (...)

I've just tested both the iPlayer and ITV hub on my 360, from the EPG and also whilst watching a program using the voice control and both apps open, as did Netflix.

I tried all apps in the App folder and each one opened.

Have you tried rebooting the TV360? This often cures a few gremlins.

If that doesn't work you could try a Factory Reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.

It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options
Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose the Keep Recordings option, that way you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jhtw8,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you've had some issues with the BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub apps recently. Are these ongoing today? If so, have you followed the advice provided by @newapollo yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!