cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound sync issues (yes… again!)

dirtysparkles
Tuning in

Hello friends!

I’m having terrible synchronisation issues since receiving my Virgin TV 360 box about 6 weeks ago. I’ve read as many forums as I can, tried the fixes, to no avail.

Current setup is:

• Box - Virgin TV 360 v4.39
  • TV - Sony Bravia KDL-55W809C (all software is up to date)
  • Sound bar - SA-CT390 plus sub

Connections are:

• Virgin 360 box via HDMI to TV
  • TV via HDMI to sound bar

Sync issues:

• Audio is constantly out of sync and varies as time goes on e.g. can sync using delay +mms but then it slips
  • Removing the sound bar (Virgin 360 box to TV only) still has a delay
  • Using only an optical (Virgin 360 box to sound bar) helps with some issues but the ARC connection is gone between devices and I have to then mute the TV or you can still hear it trying to output audio

Can anyone please help at all before I spend (lose) hours of my life calling technical support?

I’d sincerely appreciate your guidance and expertise to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Thank you!

16 REPLIES 16

Can you also mention a few channels where you are having the issues, I am not seeing the Lipsync problem on my set up so am curious which channels you are having issues with so I can compare.

Two Virgin Media engineers have been out this week and neither can figure out the problem so I don't think I'm going to find the answer through the forum this time. Thanks anyway. Go ahead and close this down.

I know this isn't the ideal configuration but have you tried soundbar to TV using a non arc HDMI connector on the TV and then either the TV or 360 to the soundbar using optical.

Yes, see original post on this thread. I've tried it all. And if 2 VM engineers can't resolve it after running tests and replacing the box then it's not an easy fix.

If you decide to replace your soundbar get one with a HDMI-IN connector as well as the HDMI-ARC.

Zero issues, ever, with the previous V6 software. Nothing at all.

So if the solution is to buy new equipment I'll expense it back to VM... 😉

@dirtysparkles wrote:

Zero issues, ever, with the previous V6 software. Nothing at all.

So if the solution is to buy new equipment I'll expense it back to VM... 😉

Good luck with that, the " it's third party equipment " quote I keep seeing springs to mind. What isn't third party equipment connected to  360. 🤔