Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sound on 360 box

Sound drops out regularly and annoyingly on all channels since new 360 box fitted. Can this be fixed as it is a major problem. Are virgin aware of this problem and will it be repaired by software or is an engineer required 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound on 360 box

How are you getting your sound? Through TV speakers, or with a soundbar or AV system?

When it drops out, is it just for a moment and then it comes back again, or is it for a long time?

I found when I first connected the 360 I found the sound cut out very briefly every few seconds. Sound is via an optical cable from the TV into a soundbar. I wish I could tell you for sure how I fixed it, but somewhere in the audio settings you can choose what format the audio should be and one of them did the trick.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Redrunner,

For Sound issues go to Setting > Audio & Video - try setting Dolby Audio to always convert. You can also try different settings such as follow content or disabled

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. I am trying different settings in audio & video on 360 box. Was on always convert so am now trying follow content. Overall sound is slightly better so I hope this will stop drop out also. Will try it for a few days and inform if setting has worked. Thankyou

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have changed sound settings from always convert to follow content this seems to have stopped sound from dropping out so hopefully can watch programs without having to guess the missing word👍

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. Changed to follow content on Dolby settings in audio and seems to have corrected problem so 360 is working well at moment 👍

0 Kudos