Menu
Jacobtribe
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound keeps dropping?

Hi All,

I’ve just got a new Virgin TV 360 box and a new Samsung QLED TV. The sound keeps dropping for maybe 2-3 seconds every 2-3 hours. It’s very random there is no consistency to it but it is very very annoying.

I’ve spoken to Samsung who have done a HDMI reset as it only happens on the Virgin box and not on any of the Samsung apps. Samsung have also replaced the motherboard in the TV and it is still happening.

Does anyone know how or why it happens and a fix because the engineer who replaced the board said he sees it a lot with Sky Q boxes.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound keeps dropping?

Are you listening to the sound through your TV speakers 

If so go to settings and turn dolby off

If you use a soundbar connect soundbar direct to 360 box using digital optical 

Connect TV to 360 box using hdmi (not hdmi arc)

Turn dolby setting on 360 box to follow content 

Whichever solution is applicable has helped many people (including myself) with your problem 

0 Kudos
Jacobtribe
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I will try that.

I've turned Dolby off on the 360 box, but for the TV the only option I can see is Digital Output Audio Format which was set to Auto and I have now put on PCM. HDMI-eARC Mode is turned off.

I am wanting to get a ATMOS compatible soundbar, would this work if DOLBY is turned off?

Any idea what causes it is so strange.

0 Kudos
Oppenheimer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Got the same with my Samsung tv.

Messed with the sound settings and PCM, etc. then went back to original settings and it stopped... wierd indeed. No reoccurence in the last month. Don't have an explanation, but just change one sound setting at a time. Then go back to how you like it is all the advice I can give!!

0 Kudos