Menu
Razz_221
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sound issues - 360 box

Just recently got virgin360 last week (via the software install), & every so often the sound goes off...I have to turn the box off & back on again! 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound issues - 360 box

Not has this issue my self. How do you have things connected. Do you have a sound bar or surround sound system, what are the makes of your equipment etc

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't have to turn box off. I just pause the programme for a few seconds or change channel up and down and sound returns 

This problem has been particularly bad today. Sound has been vanishing around every 90 minutes maybe more frequently

We have been watching live TV on our main living room ex v6 box. 

I assume this is all related to the audio drift problem. Sound and vision start off perfect but audio drifts causing the picture to be ahead of audio. This happens on all features, live TV, recordings, streaming, amazon app etc

We do use a soundbar connected to TV via hdmi arc. Virgin box connected to TV via hdmi 

However this audio drift was not a problem with the previous software nor is it a problem with our blueray connected via another hdmi port so I assume its a 360 software problem 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

the sound going is not to do with the sound drift as the drift problem symptoms are to with sound and picture being out of sync. The problem maybe something to do with the current bugs we are getting on the updated V6 boxes  and are running the latest  V4.28 software. These are currently being looked into .

tafrock
Up to speed
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that good to know its being looked into. Referring to the audio and video sync problem is that caused by the new software or is it a connection issue   what I don't understand is why it starts off OK and drifts out so any adjustments won't cure the problem surely 

Also any pausing of programme or channel swap brings the audio and video back into sync 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I really am not sure what causes it, I have a Sony TV Samsung Soundbar and Virgin box all connected via HDMI and i get no sound sync issues at all

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks once again for replying 

I have Sony TV, Sony soundbar and of course virgin ex v6 box. All connected via hdmi. Hdmi arc from soundbar to TV (both arc sockets). Virgin box connected to TV via separate hdmi socket (non arc). Also have blueray connected via hdmi (non arc). Only 360 has sync issues   didn't have them on old v6 software.

I know hdmi cec (which works properly on 360 whereas it didn't on v6) can cause audio video side effects and I'm wondering if it's the implementation of cec that's causing sync issues. I have been thinking of connecting via optical direct from 360 to soundbar and disconnecting the hdmi. But due to Christmas clutter that's not possible at moment as it would involve moving everything. I will try watching with headphones later and see if drift occurs. My headphones connect via Bluetooth with no drift previously. I'll post my observations 

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried Virgin to soundbar to TV, using HDMI, Dolby setting to follow content, delay set to whatever your system needs. My delay is set to 0mS, with sync set to on, on my Sony  amp. This works for me, my box is a 360 box not an upgraded  V6.

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My Sony surround unfortunately only has one hdmi and one optical port. To connect directly from virgin box to surround I will have to use optical   and leave the hdmi arc connected surround to TV. This way my blueray will also play via the surround sound 

I'm quite willing to alter connections even though everything worked before upgrade of v6 box but as I explained earlier it will have to wait until Christmas clutter has gone back loftwards as its not possible to get to the connections easily at moment 

I'll even temporarily try hdmi to surround sound from virgin and optical back to TV but that's not a viable longterm solution. Setting the delay won't solve the problem as it starts off with everything in sync and slowly drifts out. Pausing or altering channel resets it.

My box is set to 0 delay and follow content (I prefer listening to content as broadcaster desires it). All conversion options are off on soundbar (standard setting)

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When I had the V6 I had to connect the V6 to the TV and then to the Sony so I could adjust the audio delay as the Sony only had sync on and off and it was out of sync, going through the TV meant I could adjust the delay to correct the problem. 360 box arrives and problems started again so tried connecting as in the previous post which was the way it was connected with all previous boxes with no problem.

When the sound was connected from TV to the Sony it was using fibre.

0 Kudos