Menu
ggpb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sound dropout

My 360 box drops the sound for about 1 second at hourly intervals. It is getting to be very annoying. Do I need a replacement or is there a fix for this?

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound dropout

Sound dropout problems can be solved the same way as audio lag problems (I assume you are using a soundbar)

Connect 360 box direct to soundbar using digital optical cable 

Connect 360 box to TV using hdmi (not hdmi arc)

Change dolby audio settings to follow content 

0 Kudos
ggpb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tafrock

Thanks for replying. However I am not using a sound bar. I am using the TV speakers via an HDMI cable with gold connecters. The dropout is a function of when the box was turned on and repeats exactly at hourly intervals. It looks very much like a software issue to me although I admit  it doesn't appear to be  common.

I asked the engineer that installed the mini box if he knew of the fault. Although he had not come across it himself, he said he had heard about this before from a colleague.

It may only appear to be a minor inconvenience, but it is consistent and damned annoying!

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Too damn right it's annoying. I had the exact same problem but via a soundbar. The optical lead solved it It may be worth turning dolby digital setting to off if your only using TV speakers

0 Kudos
ggpb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tafrock

Despite my misgivings I have disabled Dolby as you suggested and much to my amazement the sound issue appears to have gone! I suspect so few customers feed the sound through a hi-fi system that it is an uncommon issue. It would be nice however if (at least for my benefit) Virgin could get it to work at some point!

Many thanks for your help!!!

StephenB119
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

As a new user I am having sound and video drop out on my 360 box. Have tried the Dolby option abled and disabled and am now at a loss. It happens on live TV and also on Netflix.

Any suggestions as it is making things difficult to watch. Can happen a couple of.times a minute to once every 5 mins from box turn on.

StephenB119

0 Kudos