cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Issue

MTS1
Joining in

When I turn on the TV and the Virgin box, occasionally there is no sound on the main TV channels. But always sound on ITV1. If I turn the Virgin box off and on it resets the sound.

Anyone any idea what is the course or if there is a solution. Virgin box is connected to TV via HDMI. 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MTS1, thank you for your response.

It's difficult to say exactly, but it's certainly worth a shot. Please let us know whether a different HDMI cable makes any difference.

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Hi MTS1,

Don't know if this will have anything to do with your problem but is the 360 set to fast start or active start and not switched off at the plug, just asking to rule out the possibility that the box is still starting up.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MTS1

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there's a bit of trouble with the sound. Has the advice offered by @roy247 helped at all? Can you also try using a different HDMI cable to ensure that's not the cause of the problem?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, the box is not powered down. Just on standby. So the fact it only occurs intermittently is also curious.

Also the fact that it never affects ITV channels - I read they may be in a different frequency? Very confusing!

I will try a new HDMI - but would the cable present an issue that does not impact ITV?

Hi @MTS1, thank you for your response.

It's difficult to say exactly, but it's certainly worth a shot. Please let us know whether a different HDMI cable makes any difference.

Regards,
Daniel

Just updating this post. It’s been a few weeks and the original problem has not reoccurred - so it looks like the new HDMI cable solved the issue. Many thanks for your help. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MTS1 👋

Thanks for the update on this. It's great to hear the issue hasn't reoccurred since replacing the HDMI cable 🎉 If you do experience any further issues, or have any questions, please feel free to make a new post and we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ