cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos Beam audio out of sync

Seand03
Joining in

Just bought a Sonos beam and the audio is out of sync, tried to adjust it manually with no success. I cant fix this without turning off dolby digital which I don't want to do as its one of the features! Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

Seand03
Joining in
Also I have the soundbar connected to the TV through eARC.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Seand03 

Some forum members have sued the following as a workaround.

Set the HDMI resolution video on the 360 box to 1080i not Automatic.  Settings >Audio & Video > HDMI Resolution 

When you want to watch 4K watch 4K content just change the video to 4K.

Also when using a sound bar try connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC. If you are connected to a HDMI ARC connector on the TV try connecting to a non ARC HDMI connector, using ARC has been a problem for some people. Also if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar then set Dolby to Follow Content.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi Seand03,

According to the Ziggo community there is a new Multichannel PCM 5.1 setting in version 4.38 that is being released in the Netherlands, maybe it will be included in the next UK update and help with sync problems that people report.

Ziggo V4.38 info 

Seand03
Joining in

Does anyone know if/when the box will be updated. This is so frustrating!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Seand03 

The firmware updates are rolled out in stages. Some custoemrs received the latest update around 4 weeks ago, I received my update to 4.39 last week.

The 4.39 update has the following changes which may be useful to you

Settings > Audio & Video > Audio output has been updated and now has the following three options:-

Follow Content
PCM 5.1 (HDMI only)
PCM 2.0
Choose whether you want the audio output to follow the quality of the original content (Dolby Digital where available) or to be converted to PCM 2.0 (stereo) or PCM 5.1 (uncompressed multi channel sound). Using PCM settings may resolve audio sync issues. Netflix will always follow content.

Check under Settings > Info > About > to see which build version you are on.  

If your box hasn't yet updated it's worth rebooting it as it may have downloaded and be waiting to install

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali