cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some tv channels have gone missing

JCBJCB
Joining in

For example I get an error message CS2004 when I try to view BBC4. I've rebooted my box several times.

12 REPLIES 12

roy247
Community elder

Make sure your coax connection's are all OK, wall box to spltter to 360. If all the connection's are good it could be a signal fault or a faulty box dependng on which channels have the error. Is it intermittent or a permanent error message.

You will probably have to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are there any reported issues in your area on the status line? 0800 5610061 is usually the most reliable source of local service info.

Are you able to view BBC3-HD or ITV-Be HD OK?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2004 gives some general advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I've checked all the connections several times and the problem still exists. Unfortunately, I have never had any luck with calling customer services. Either no one answers or the person on the other end Can't help. Over a year after I joined Virgin and hours on the phone, I still haven't been able to get them to spell my name right or change the start date of my contract to the date I actually started receiving the service.

There are no reported issues. I'm not sure about those channels. I'll check next time I use the TV. I have tried that link several times and nothing happens when I put in my error code. That's why I'm on here looking for help.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If necessary VM staff can respond on here and save you having to call in. But try those other channels first - if those do or don't work, it'll alter what the fault could be.

And therefore the fix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

For BBC 3 HD, I can see the channel not on air message, so I guess that's working. For ITV Be HD, I get the error message directing me to the non-existent web address.

JCBJCB
Joining in
Thanks for your help. it's much appreciated.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JCBJCB 

BBC Three runs on the same frequency as CBBC. CBBC goes off air at 7pm and then BBC Three takes over that wavelength.

Rather than waiting until 7pm when BBC Three comes back on air you can test the CBBC channel now to see if that is pixelated.

You should also test Sky Arts HD - if that is also pixelated then it's a signal issue which will need VM intervention.

When calling VM you should select option 2 faults. You will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks. This is very helpful. All the channels fail and give me the link to the non-existent web page with the error code that doesn't work when I put it in the error code checker, so I guess I'll sit tight and wait either for a member of the Forum Team or when I have a spare few hours to brave calling customer services.