forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
simoncurry24
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Some recorded programs give error

Hi, I recently upgraded to TV360.

Some of my recorded programs will give error "oops, something went wrong, try again later". Obviously, they never play later! If I then try to delete the recording the error is something like "The TV 360 box is starting up ..." which is obviously a seriously incorrect message!

This has happened to several different programs recorded on different channels.

Jamie and Jimmy's Friday night feast is one example of a recording that appears to record but never plays back.

What is corrupting these recordings please? How is this going to be fixed?

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Some recorded programs give error

@simoncurry24 wrote:

Hi, I recently upgraded to TV360.

Some of my recorded programs will give error "oops, something went wrong, try again later". Obviously, they never play later! If I then try to delete the recording the error is something like "The TV 360 box is starting up ..." which is obviously a seriously incorrect message!

This has happened to several different programs recorded on different channels.

Jamie and Jimmy's Friday night feast is one example of a recording that appears to record but never plays back.

What is corrupting these recordings please? How is this going to be fixed?

Only seen the error "oops, something went wrong, try again later" when I have tried using the TV Go App but since the App was upgraded on my phone yesterday it has been OK.

I have had recordings that have failed when they were set from the TV guide on the box and that has usually been because the schedule has changed or the programme title has changed, for example on the guide when I once set the recording the football was" Live Premier League football" but it got changed to "Saturday Night Football", same time same game no recording so now I always check on the day of the programme.

"The TV 360 box is starting up ..." message I have seen when trying to start a recording and when trying to delete a recording, can be fixed by turning the box on and off, not an ideal solution but is a quick fix especially if it's a last minute decision to record something that is about to start. I have found if you get the error when deleting and ignore it the program does get deleted.

Don't know why you get the message I thought maybe the box is busy doing some admin task in the background but who knows.

0 Kudos