Menu
robc2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Solution for 4 boxes

Hi

Ive been getting conflicting information from Virgin.

I have a 360 main box and 2 mini boxes setup, but now need another room serviced.

The Virgin Site definitely says a max of 1nr 360 + 2 mini's however I thought I'd ask Virgin. Having done so I've been told 3 different things :-

1. Capped at 1nr main box + 2nr mini boxes as per the website

2. Yes you can have 1nr main box + 3nr mini boxes

3. As per 1. above but you can work around this by plumbing in another 360 main box

I'm not confident on any answer Ive been given as none of the people I spoke to seemed at all sure in what they were saying.

Any ideas which one it is? And if its nr3. how you would do that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
WoahWoahUser
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Solution for 4 boxes

I think it’s only 1 main + 2 mini max and since you can’t keep tivo and 360 you’ll have to give up a box. You could find a way to split the signal on one of the boxes and send it to two tvs, but that’s a lot of effort and probably won’t work, due to HDCP. 

stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sorry cant give you an answer but may I ask what 'nr' means?

0 Kudos
robc2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

nr means number

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@WoahWoahUser wrote:

I think it’s only 1 main + 2 mini max and since you can’t keep tivo and 360 you’ll have to give up a box. You could find a way to split the signal on one of the boxes and send it to two tvs, but that’s a lot of effort and probably won’t work, due to HDCP. 

Depends what you mean by splitting the signal.

Splitting the HDMI output from one STB, and send to two TVs - theoretically possible, but you only have one output and could introduce HDCP issues.

Splitting the coax feed - which I don't think is what's being suggested but is worth mentioning - is likely to end in mess or tears somehow.

I'm fairly sure that the 3 box limit on the V360 platform is currently firm, and this is one occasion where TiVo/Horizon differ (TiVo/V6 can currently have upto 4 boxes although normally only 3 can be V6).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos