cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software version 5.5

thrice
Fibre optic

Is there any insider who can explain what improvements are in the software version 5.5 that arrived on my boxes overnight? I had a quick look at lunchtime but could find nothing obviously new. Perhaps this is a stability update.

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Superstar

Hi thrice,

Is it anything to do with the updates in the Ziggo 5.04 update .

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Lucky you @thrice  🤣 Please let us know if/when you do discover any changes.

I'm still on 5.3, I normally receive updates between 4 and 6 weeks after your good self, and my last update was on July 20th

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

thrice
Fibre optic

I still can't find any visible or new usability feature in the 5.5 update (thanks for the link roy247). Anything new is either beneath the hood or in a feature I never use. The one big feature I am hoping for is an undelete function but I have not needed to delete anything recently. Wishful thinking, maybe.

BTW the way the 360 software handles how programmes are deleted after having been viewed is much improved from that truely dreadful pop-up - but this feature appeared in version 5.4. Kudos to VM for fixing this.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I'm on 5.03.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

adhiren
Dialled in

I'm also only on 5.3 - weird that updates are all over the place depending on where you are 

If it's any comfort, you are not missing much. The recent upgrades have been minimal.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Are some people on 5.4 or 5.5 as I'm on 5.03.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi Roger,

I am still on 5.03, I usually get my updates about 3 weeks after thrice unless they get pulled for some reason, (possibly introducing a bug), it has happened before, possibly 5.05 is to correct a problem with 5.04.

We've jumped from 5.03 to 5.05 overnight