cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software version 4.41

thrice
Superfast

Software version 4.39 is beginning to be replaced by version 4.41 on 360 boxes. Again, the update has jumped a version. There are new-look menus ('Saved' has been replaced by 'Recordings' and 'Continue Watching' has been moved) and the contents of each drop-down menu have been reordered. There are probably more things than my quick peruse has revealed. I wish the description of the changes could be more informative than the usual 'squashed a few bugs', etc'.

61 REPLIES 61

LoneSpeaker
Superfast

My 360 boxes upgrades to 4.41 overnight.  Two changes I have noticed so far, the little preview window that appears in the bottom right, now has a shadow around it and the screen that appears when you press the Home button has changed.  Instead of the options being at the bottom, they are at the top in a new order.  Recordings in now at the end, so even more presses to get to it.

I'll post more if I spot other major changes,

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LoneSpeaker  and @thrice 

I'm looking forward to my boxes hopefully updating in around a months time

You guys are in the early batch and the first we usually find out about any changes is when you post 😃 so please update this thread with any other changes you see, also maybe help VM by letting them know what's good/bad about the changes.

I'm really pleased to see that movies split by the news will now appear as a single recorded event.

For now I'm just sharing the info we've been given this morning by Community Manager @Kei_M  In the past he hasn't been able to share the info with any of us, so a huge thanks to @Kei_M -  😃

" A new home screen

We've gone to a more immersive and personalised home screen. Those of you who have used other platforms should find familiarity with it. It's all about getting the customer to the content they want to watch in one place.

• This new home page will include all of your personalised rails of content. You can continue watching where you left off, access your recordings or personal recommendations all from the home screen. Rails will change according to the profile using TV 360
  • Continue watching, watchlists and rented content is now only available via the personal home page (not via the saved menu)
  • Recordings can be accessed either via a rail in the personal home or from the menu at the top (note: saved menu has been replaced with recordings)
  • Profiles has also been added to the main menu
  • Apps has been brought forward to the second position on the main menu

4.41 home page4.41 home page

Improvements to catch-up

A new catch-up area has been designed to present a more structured view of our catch-up content which now looks like the box sets & movies area

• Channels has most of the channels content
  • BBC can be launched from the discover area and will link you to the iPlayer app for most of the content
  • Customers can access live shows they missed via the catch-up section. Catch-up content is available to watch for up to 30 days

4.41 catch-up 14.41 catch-up 1

4.41 catch-up 24.41 catch-up 2

Seamlessly record movies interrupted by other programmes

Movies split by the news will appear as a single recorded event.

• Broadcast movies that were split into two parts by a short programme (like the news) were previously recorded as a series of two episodes
  • This change will mean that these movie recordings will appear as a single recording rather than a series
  • The programme in the middle of the movie will be included in the single recording

Improved subtitles for on demand content

We've made the subtitles easier to read for on demand content.

• Larger, clearer font
  • Fully black background opposed to a translucent background
  • We have plans to update the subtitles on live content in line with this, but this will arrive at a later."

New subtitles

4.41 subtitles new4.41 subtitles new

Old subtitles

4.41 subtitles old4.41 subtitles old

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sorry but this just looks terrible....😒

The new home screen is now full of clutter at the top, so you now have to scroll all the way down just to get to your recording and continue watching.

deans6571_0-1657726552511.png

deans6571_1-1657726589649.png

Made MUCH MORE sense keeping these in the  'Saved' section.                  

Terrible update if you ask me (don't have it yet but going on what has been posted above) other than not splitting shows into separate bits when interrupted by the news.

I agree... since this software (360) ever started it's always tried to push the user away from recordings and more onto on demand and catch up etc.   which I agree its becoming more and more like that BUT most of us still record most things we like to watch so why isn't recordings first!

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 wrote:

The new home screen is now full of clutter at the top, so you now have to scroll all the way down just to get to your recording and continue watching.

As shown in the screenshot there is a 'recordings' option still in the top menu bar, no scrolling down required.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

roy247
Community elder

@BenMcr wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

As shown in the screenshot there is a 'recordings' option still in the top menu bar, no scrolling down required.

But it's now 4 presses of the right arrow, everyone will need to start pressing the left arrow so it's still only 3 button presses.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 

But it's now 4 presses of the right arrow, everyone will need to start pressing the left arrow so it's still only 3 button presses.

I always pressed left anyway, it's something I've always done with my Firestick when wanting to go into the settings, and generally the same kind of thing with onscreen keyboards (including going up and down) instead of going all the way to the right, then all the way to the left etc. 😎

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

@roy247 

I always pressed left anyway, it's something I've always done with my Firestick when wanting to go into the settings, and generally the same kind of thing with onscreen keyboards (including going up and down) instead of going all the way to the right, then all the way to the left etc. 😎

Yes if I want to go to settings I always go left. 🙂

Well, if we’re counting button presses in order to get to Saved recordings, from watching TV, on the current 4:39 software, I count a total of 5! 

Button Press 1 gets you to the Home Menu. 
Button Press 2 to 4 scrolls to the right and highlights Saved. 
Button Press 5 is pressing OK on the remote.  

😆