Menu
JayMcB79
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Software update

Did my new STB get a software update this morning? If so what was included?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Software update

There's a couple of ways of telling when a V6 has restarted.

The most reliable, but it doesn't work on a TiVo, but press "info" and scroll to the bottom panel where all the tuners are displayed. All 5 spare tuners (i.e. except for what's showing on your TV) will be on the "What's new" channel (Ch 998)

As to the reasons for the restart, anyone's guess. Without comparing the software version in your settings menu yesterday and today, it would be nearly impossible to know if this was the reason. Planned code drops do happen overnight.

Edit: From looking at your post history, do you have a V6? Or a 360?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JayMcB79
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

360 and my son said it said forcing update

0 Kudos
LoneSpeaker
Superfast
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@JayMcB79 wrote:

Did my new STB get a software update this morning? If so what was included?

There was an upgrade to v4.32 this morning for the 360 boxes.

Go to settings, info, whats new in v4.32 

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

https://www.ziggo.nl/televisie/mediaboxen/mediabox-next/update

Software update 4.31

To monitor the update properly, it will be rolled out in phases from April 20.

New in this update
  • If a program has spoken subtitles (audio description), you can now see that in the Electronic Program Guide. Just as you see the 'Replay' icon, you will see an 'AD' icon with available spoken subtitles. This means that if, for example, someone speaks a different language in the NOS news, you can hear the subtitles in Dutch.  
Improved in this update
  • You will no longer receive a notification that you need to replace the batteries of the remote control while you have just done so.
  • If you press 'OK' in the mini-EPG and scroll through it, it will now remember the 'location' from which you open it. So if you press the back arrow, the box will now remember where you were.
  • The display of your percentage of recording space is now the same in all menus.
  • If you flush with the arrows through Replay and recordings, the mini image remains in the picture.
  • With a child lock on the Xite transmitter, you no longer get a black image when you start the app. Now you will see “press OK to open the app” in the top right corner. You still have to unlock it, of course.
  • The trash can icon no longer overlaps the text containing the duration of a recording.
  • After starting Replay or a recording you now have audio immediately. 
  • If you watch the 4K version of the Love Nature channel, you will no longer receive an error code CS2012.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LoneSpeaker
Superfast
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thats the previous version, 4.32 is the latest.

GraemeMcKenna
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Just switched my TV on for the first time today and there was a little message top right saying the software had been updated but when I go into the settings it’s showing as 4.31

LoneSpeaker
Superfast
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

IMG_0025.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Exciting! Mine has only just updated to 4.31 overnight. Could you please post a picture of the new full homepage, I’d love to see how it looks…

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

My 360 main box only updated to 4.31 today after I did a factory reset after seeing my mini was already on 4.31, I had already tried turning the power off and on.

0 Kudos