Menu
stephenburton24
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Software update

Just had a software update to do with recording and series links had a look but can't see exactly what it has done any help appreciated

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Dialled in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Software update

All I can see is that you can now delete in bulk, set it to ask before delete, think that’s the only options I have found so far, was hoping for the ‘new only’ option but guess that’s asking a bit too much 😄😄😄

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

What has been changed in 4.29?
  • A new notification has been added for when the remote's battery level is critically low. The message is displayed continuously until the batteries are replaced. 
    • If you use a different brand of remote control, replace the battery in the remote control of the Mediabox Next. The message will then disappear, after which you can remove the battery from the remote control. 
  • The appearance of the quick menu with the most frequently used settings has been adjusted, making it clearer.

What has been fixed in 4.29?

• Two Netflix startup problems have been resolved:   
    • When the media box is turned off while using Netflix, Netflix did not start immediately after the media box was turned on again
    • Netflix error code UI-800-3 on start
  • When unlocking a channel or program with an age limit, you sometimes got a black screen
  • The TV guide did not always show the poster of the selected program
  • When an episode with certain actions was deleted, the episode list was also (incorrectly) closed
  • The settings menu was not always displayed properly, so that sometimes not all options were immediately visible

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

On the saved recording menu no the preview but the main page there is now an edit button gives us some limited Series link option. You can choose to only record from a certain series onwards. So if you set a new Series link it will only record new series. The downsides at the moment is you will need to delete and create a series link at the start of each new season so it only record that season. I am sure this will be updated in a future update. So it does appear they are adding more functionality which is a good sign. Also when you delete a program it moved from the bin icon to the nest show so you don't accidentally delete the next episode. Also at the top of the page there is a manage storage button with some more advanced recording options. We still don't have all the functions from TiVo but at least we know they are looking into them. Hopefully more advanced options will get added.

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Dialled in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

That is incorrect regarding new episodes only, I have just deleted a series recording and reset it up using all the available options and it is still recording the repeat episode first at 16:30 where as I set the series link on the 19:30 episode.

TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I meant it will only record episodes from the new season. I am sure new only etc will come later

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Any change has to be for the better but why make these changes to the series links and not provide the one everyone wants which is new only.

LoneSpeaker
Dialled in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

There seems to be the option of recording from this episode onwards only.  I guess it will still record a repeat of that episode, but at least its a start to not recording all of a series again.

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It probably will take longer to setup the new only etc, at least we know they are working on it

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I still had 4.28 on both boxes this morning. A factory reset of the main and mini triggered the update to 4.29. 

Resetting the mini asks how you want to connect to the network, where as it didn’t previously. However, selecting Wi-Fi connection did not prompt a password, so a reset still remembers the previous settings. 

0 Kudos