cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow remote and box hanging

HobGoblyn
On our wavelength

Hi

in the past few weeks 4 times the box has stopped responding and I’ve had to power off, wait 20 secs and power back on.  

The other problem I’m having is an extremely slow remote, happens in Disney, Netflix and YouTube.

I move up, right or down to the next program and nothing happens.  Sometimes nothing ever happens, other times after 10 - 20 secs it moves.

sometimes (especially on Netflix) I’ll quickly press the right button and it moves two to the right, skipping over one of the programs. I’ve tested it, it’s not me double pressing or holding it down too long.

Same when I press OK to watch something, sometimes nothing happens.

Remote is fine as the buttons are instantly responsive on the TV guide.

All this has only started happening recently.  I’ve checked everything is plugged in fine

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi HobGoblyn 

If the remote appears to have stopped working wiggle it a few times. You should also make sure the the Power Saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Have  you tried new batteries as sometimes the batteries can cause weird issues?

Try factory resetting the remote by pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds. 

To pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

You could also try factory resetting the 360 box. To do this go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali