Menu
vsurresh
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Skysports UHD

Hi, guys. 

I see Virgin is now offering Sky Cinema content in UHD? Is there a hope to get Sky Sports in UHD? I see some older posts where it's mentioned that it was supposed to happen last year.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Topgun
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Skysports UHD

You are correct. This was supposed to happen in 2020. However, now that we are in the second half of 2021 and still no sign of it, God alone knows when, or indeed if, it might finally appear!

0 Kudos
vsurresh
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response. BBC shows European championship In UHD and it make a huge difference for me. I might as well jump ship to Sky if virgin don't provide UHD at least by end of this year. 

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky has Sky Sports UHD - VM and BT have BT Sports in UHD.   You will not get both at present on either platform and both are part-time.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
vsurresh
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I understand your point but we can always get standalone BT sport subscription and use the app to stream in UHD. I can't wait to watch F1 in UHD.

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If Sky won't or don't agree to Virgin showing Sky Sports in UHD then it could just be a way of getting you to switch to Sky. I suspect if it does become available it will be an extra charge to existing users and free to new customer's and restart the ultimate oomph sky cinema uhd debate. 

Just my opinion and I would also like to see F1 in UHD.

0 Kudos