cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky uhd sports from today.

Swf
Fibre optic

Hi Amy information on the new sky uhd 4k channel starting today on Virgin.    How to get ? What package gets for free?   Prices.  Any information pls 

37 REPLIES 37

Much to the wifes disgust I forked out a decent amount on a new TV in october (in the interests of getting the most out of the world cup viewing of course lol)

Anyway its a 65" Samsung QD-Oled so the picture quality is pretty good. When I watch HDR10 and HDR10+ content on the TV's native apps such as Amazon or Disney the TV shows it as HDR or HDR10+ (and the quality is stunning). But do the same thing on a Virgin box with the Amazon or Disney app and it does not output in HDR or HDR10+ as the TV only shows standard.

Not sure if BT Sport Ultimate content would display as HDR on other sources (Sky Q for example) if they were connected to the TV but it doesnt when output through Virgin. Saying that the picture quality is pretty good.

BT Sport Ultimate is UHD but not HDR on VM.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I got the sky sports uhd channels activated  today and everytime I change over it comes up with HLG HDR brilliant picture

Upgraded to Sport UHD today. It was very clear about the charge of £7 unlike when I got Cinema UHD when that was introduced a couple of years back were there was confusion about if it was chargeable or not for ultimate oomph customers like myself. Will see how football looks at the weekend.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

Hopefully they’ll get more proper UHD with HDR rolled out, as I’ve recently changed from Sky Q and the 360 box is poor in comparison. HD is soft and lack of HDR on UHD content is a major loss when I’m watching on a 77” OLED.

I'm on a 65 inch oled myself.

Does sky offer as much value as VM in terms of overall package content for the price?

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

timo91
Up to speed

Coming in a few months later.... It seems that this thread has established that upgrading to Sky Cinema UHD and be done for £6 pm, Sky Sports UHD for £7 PM, or both for £10 PM.

The question I have is..... how? I am logged into the account and can see upgrade options but not these. Is phone the only option? (I am not doing that, I can't take the ordeal!).

Hi Timo,

If I recall,  I used webchat via the app to add sky sports UHD. Less painful than calling but still can be delays.

Hope this helps

BR

Jonathan

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile