cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky uhd sports from today.

Swf
Fibre optic

Hi Amy information on the new sky uhd 4k channel starting today on Virgin.    How to get ? What package gets for free?   Prices.  Any information pls 

37 REPLIES 37

@ozsat wrote:

When VM and Sky announced UHD coming soon - over two years ago - it was thought that Sport and Movies would be included from launch.

But sport never appeared and the UHD pack became 'Entertainment and Movies' only.

UHD Sport is an additional charge on top of that.

If your paying for UHD movies which you don't want - I think it is only about £1 extra to change it to sport.

@Swf wrote:

I never watch the moves. I only use the internet and watch football.  I. Was specifically told that when the new sky uhd sports channels turn up that they would automatically start to work as it's part of the package.   I've been lied to so many times it's unbelievable.  I hope a stage member can sort this out.   How do they get away with conning the public I'm sure this is illegal. 

Is it not fraud?     How many people on here babe been lied to ? 100s or 1000s.        Tha KS for you help but I will get justice and a apology.      Can a staff member please go over what's happened to my contract so far there's about 6 things that went wrong or  or more.   Thanks 

Yeah non of this is helping.  What difference does any of the what TV do you have bs matters my point it I was lied to and miss sold a contract.   It's illegal what the customer services are doing..   this ship needs to stop.  

Can no one really as your antagonising me now I would like a member of staff to deal with the situation if they look at the records there was loads and loads and loads of flies already with this contract renewal.    All sorted but this needs to be sorted it's a principal and a seller has already proven to be conman.     Tha KS for trying to help all. But I will wait for staf now.  And Im pretty sure this didn't just happen to me.   

Thank you for your response @Swf 

As mentioned wonderfully by @newapollo , at the time you may have agreed to that package, the channel was not available and therefore would not be part of your package. You can find out how to add it here https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/existing-virgin-tv-customers-can-now-enjoy-sky-sports-ultra-hd/ 

We can also look into your package to verify this for you? Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Akua_A wrote:

As mentioned wonderfully by @newapollo , at the time you may have agreed to that package, the channel was not available and therefore would not be part of your package. You can find out how to add it here https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/existing-virgin-tv-customers-can-now-enjoy-sky-sports-ultra-hd/ 

We can also look into your package to verify this for you? Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Thanks,

Yes your seller is a criminali specifically asked and was told that the uhd sky sports would be included along with the F1

f****** disgraceful response 

HELLOI WAS TOLD THAT WHEN I RENEWED IR UPGRADED I WILL GET THE SAID CHANNELS AS PARR OF THE DEAL.  I SPECIFICALLY ASKED ABOUT THESE CHANNELS BECAUSE THERE WAS ANY NEWS WHEN I WAS IN THE GO SEE ATIONS WHY DO YOU GUYS PRETEND THAT WE'RE STUPID WITH MEKONS WE'VE BEEN LIED TO WE'VE BEEN ROBBED WE'VE HAD A CRIMINAL ACT AGAINST US IT'S FRAUD.   CAN YOU PLAY DUMB AS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING OH NO IT WASN'T AVAILABLE THEN EXACTLY YOUR GUYS LYING AND YOU GUYS COME ON HERE COVER UP FOR THEM.   THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING AND WHAT YOU'RE DOING.   I'VE BEEN PROVEN TO BE RIGHT ON EVERYTHING I'VE SAID AND THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WILL BE SORTED OUT WHETHER YOU HELP ME OR NOT.   

@Akua_A wrote:

Thanks,

Condescending people in the staff

Hi there @Swf 

We are very sorry to hear that you are feeling let down by us and are disappointed by your package. 

I'd be happy to discuss this further with you via a Private Message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

I was told on chat last week that ultimate who want to add the sky sports uhd can get them free here's the screenshot of the chat hope it helps

Screenshot_20230214_111627_Chrome.jpg

You have been wrongly informed as Sky Sports UHD is always chargeable. Most customers have to pay £7pm (although those who have Sky Sports SD will pay £14pm for the double upgrade to HD and UHD) and those with the Ultimate Volt package (with the included Sky Sports HD and Sky Entertainment & Cinema UHD) will pay £4pm.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Any update on this? I have Ultimate Volt but no sign of Cinema UHD let alone the ability to get Sports UHD…

Call VM to get the upgrade to Sky Sports UHD.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @randap123 

Sorry to say but since the  1st November, Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD are no longer included as standard.

It is now only available as a £6 per month add on for new customers, or those regrading/recontracting. 

The info below from the TV sub section towards the very bottom of the page on https://www.virginmedia.com/tv shows 

Sky UHD: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD requires a V6 or Virgin TV 360 box and a 4K compatible TV/device with HDCP 2.2. Up to 4x the clarity of standard HD content: based on comparison of HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) versus UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels).

£6 a month for customers with Maxit TV packages (Fullhouse/ Bigger Bundle/ Ultimate Oomph/ Ultimate Volt). 30 days’ notice required to remove Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick. Prices may increase at any time during the contract.

If you only have Sky Sports SD then you need to upgrade that to HD before you can then upgrade to Sky Sports UHD

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali