Menu
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Sky uhd something odd?

While watching sky uhd seal navy it keeps on changing the next episodes to sky one version.  What's going on?   It's a box set after finding the uhd link after the 1st episode it's changing to sky one version.     Seams odd to me 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky uhd something odd?

Is the correct episode playing? I can't work out whether you're reporting a problem with the wrong episode playing, or a perceived issue with this show being labelled as Sky One..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 102
Flag for a moderator

So arfter playing eposold 21 in sky uhd with the .  It auto plays episode 22 in sky one.   Is it the same thing?  Just different icons?  And if so why? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 102
Flag for a moderator

I use a V6 not a 360, but the underlying VoD content is identical... and I don't have a 4K/UHD TV so can only go on what the listings show.

I presume you're talking about S2, it's the only series with E21 & 22... I'm seeing all episodes in this series available in SD, HD & UHD and the HD ones certainly play ok.

Is the episode you're concerned about, playing in UHD? I know you're referring to a "Sky One version", but do you just mean it has a Sky One logo on it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Sorry let me try to explain it again when I go into the sky uhd box sets and  play the first episode of something for example seals Navy it plays in 4k uhd but then the second episode which auto plays is from Sky 1 and seems to only look HD.  The icon changes from sky uhd. To sky one.  

When coming back out of the 2nd episode it says  (also  available in sky uhd). That indicates its only in HD.

It's hard to get what I mean inless your familiar with how the 360 works

The 360 has a totally different layout from the v6 .

Thanks for trying to help. Sorry I can't explain it better 

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Sky uhd boxes issue

Sorry I will try to explain this the best I can.

When watching a sky uhd boxsets   watching a episode in fantastic uhd the next episode is only in HD.  Iv tested this on a few box sets now and it's the same,  is there a fix for this? Is this a known issue?  

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky uhd boxes issue

dude who who are  you?

Why did merge my post?

If You don't have 360s as you said?  I don't get what your doing on here.  

Sorry can you explain who you are please.     

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 102
Flag for a moderator

The concept of autoplay exists on a V6, although there may be some differences with how this operates on 4K/UHD or a 360 - that others with the relevant setup can hopefully chip in with.

"When watching a sky uhd boxsets watching a episode in fantastic uhd the next episode is only in HD. Iv tested this on a few box sets now and it's the same, is there a fix for this? Is this a known issue?" is helpful clarification of your issue.

Out of interest, when the follow-on episode is playing in HD.. is there a UHD version available? This would help rule out the possibility of there not being a UHD version, thus causing fallback to HD.

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Yes when pressing back it says also available in sky uhd.   It's a glitch it was OK the other day but its the same like this on everything iv now tryed. .     Again who are you dude?  Do you work here?  

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Do virgin change down from Uhd boxsets to HD if there's a speed issue?

I'm not sure what type of problem I have.  When watching box sets in uhd the next episode drops to HD.  I'm asking is this something that would happen if there's Internet issues locally?  How to get humans help on the phone?

0 Kudos