cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports picture is rubbish

Bradbury
Joining in

When trying to watch live sky sports the picture quality is rubbish at times.

I've changed the hdmi cable but with no success

Attached is a video showing how bad it was today 

Screenshot_2023-04-04-20-20-11-529_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Video doesn't work for me but I think you need to call Virgin and report a fault. Were you watching on 501 Main Event HD or 502 Premier League HD or UHD because they are on different mux's.

Have you got problem's with ITV 2, 3, 4, HD or Sky Thriller HD and Sky Action HD, signal levels should also affect either of these groups of channels.

If you have tried rebooting the box then you need to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone or wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up which could be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Community elder

Video doesn't work for me but I think you need to call Virgin and report a fault. Were you watching on 501 Main Event HD or 502 Premier League HD or UHD because they are on different mux's.

Have you got problem's with ITV 2, 3, 4, HD or Sky Thriller HD and Sky Action HD, signal levels should also affect either of these groups of channels.

If you have tried rebooting the box then you need to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone or wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up which could be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bradbury 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your TV service - particularly the live sky sports coverage. 

Are you experiencing the same kind of pixilation issues on any other live channels or streaming? (We just need to confirm if the issue is isolated to sky sports so we can offer further support!)

Also can you please let us know if this is happening on all of the live sky sports channels or if it is isolated to one?

When the issue happens, if you reboot the box is there any change?

Please let us know about these troubleshooting questions and we will continue to offer further support! We may also need to send a PM to confirm a few account details if needed. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🌞

All the best. 

Molly