cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports package not working on new set top box

jdajack
On our wavelength

Hello,

I had an additional box added to my package and installed by a virgin engineer. It is all working fine apart from my sky sports channels. 
The message “We are currently setting up your channels and they should be available soon” shows all the time. 
I have contacted virgin once and they said it would be looked into but it’s now been 10 days since the install and it’s still not working. 
I have tried to ring but it seems impossible to get through without having to wait a very long time so thought I would post this see if I could get some assistance online

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This usually needs VM intervention at account-level to resolve. I suspect your previous experience of "looking into it" was a way of getting you to callback and speak to someone else, rather than deal with the issue.

VM staff do respond to posts on here, but it's not an immediate service and you're likely to be waiting a couple of days. Calling back and speaking to a different agent, may be the quickest solution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This usually needs VM intervention at account-level to resolve. I suspect your previous experience of "looking into it" was a way of getting you to callback and speak to someone else, rather than deal with the issue.

VM staff do respond to posts on here, but it's not an immediate service and you're likely to be waiting a couple of days. Calling back and speaking to a different agent, may be the quickest solution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jdajack
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply. Trying to contact Virgin media by phone seems to be very difficult. I sat on the phone on 2 separate occasions now for a long time before giving up so thought it might be worth putting this on here because previously I have had issues dealt with quite quickly. 
I am assuming that there is an issue or set up problem with the new box as the other boxes in my house are showing sky sport package correctly. 

regards

Hi jdajack,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry for the Sky Sports issue on the new box. 

Currently when trying to do a system diagnostic, it's showing the box is turned off, please could you ensure it's switched on and let me know?

We'll then be able to help 🙂

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jdajack
On our wavelength

Hello John,
Thanks for the reply. 
would it be possible to have a look on Friday as I am not home during the day until then and I can turn the box on and keep it activated  

thanks

roy247
Community elder

If the box is set to Eco start or turned off at the plug then they won't be able to connect but if the 360 is set to fast start or active start they should be able to connect.

jdajack
On our wavelength

Morning,

Thanks for the feedback. This morning I have put the box into Fast start mode and put the box standby setting to 24hrs so the box stays on if required. 
Virgin should then be able to access “Jude’s room” box which has the sky sports issue

Many Thanks

Hi Jdajack,

Thanks for coming back to us about this, I'm afraid your box is still showing as "unreachable", but as it's the weekend I'm hoping you'll be home to turn it on for me so I can take a look at the diagnostics? 

If not, please let us know when you would be at home and we can take a look into this for you.

Thanks,

Megan_L

jdajack
On our wavelength

Hello Megan,

I will not be able to give you access to the box now until I return which is not until 29th so hopefully it can be looked at then and the issue rectified

Thanks

Hey jdajack, thank you for reaching out and confirming this.

No problem at all, please do reach out when you can we can take a look at this for you. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?