cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports golf red button not working again

Duncanramsden2
Tuning in

Yet again the masters has started and I cannot access the red button on my 360 box. Please sort this out as soon as possible. Channel 505 just sends you back to the tv coverage when you press the red button. Terrible service. 

18 REPLIES 18

Duncanramsden2
Tuning in

Yet again the masters has started and I cannot access the red button on my 360 box. Please sort this out as soon as possible. Channel 505 just sends you back to the tv coverage when you press the red button. Terrible service. 

Awful isn't it? This has been complained about over and over again and Virgin has done literally nothing to fix it. They are an absolute disgrace. Broadband's awful as well and keeps dropping. Can't wait to leave them when my contract ends

No doubt Virgin will respond on Tuesday when it’s over. 

greyman
Superfast

I've just noticed the same thing and it would be great if VM could get this fixed before the tournament is over.

Don't hold your breath - this has been complained about for months and never once has it worked. Closest efforts were when we had the right pictures with a high pitch constant beep as sound, and another time we had the right pictures with the audio from the F1 channel played over the top, but never the promised red button content...

ah ok. My face was starting to go a bit blue, so I'll stop holding my breath now. 😛

I'd not previously tried the red button, but when the main coverage of the Masters pointed to what was available, I thought I'd give it a go.

Duncanramsden2
Tuning in

How can they have known about this for years yet still done anything about it. At best it is just incompetent. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Admin have raised the issue on fault ticket F010608666.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

carolwgolf
Joining in

I've just spent an hour on the phone to an Indian call centre about this and I'm being told there's an outage until 11th April, which of course is nonsense.

I'm watching with my partner on her Virgin media service. She is going through gruelling chemotherapy at the moment and was really looking forward to watching the red button service on the Masters golf, including Amen Corner. She's very poorly, and is now very upset that Virgin can treat their customers with such appalling disrespect and disregard.

Please, please somebody fix this immediately and lift her spirits!!

As others have said, this happens every year and Virgin chooses to do nothing about it. They really don't care and have now also proven that they are heartless as well!!