cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports app subtitles

StevieB69
On our wavelength

Can someone help please, when I watch sky sports through my virgin tv go app, it has recently started showing subtitles. I don’t need subtitles but cannot find anywhere in the sky sports app to turn them off. There are no settings to access in the sky sports app, is this because I’m watching it through the Virgin TV Go app! Again any help in removing the subtitles when watching sky sports would be appreciated.

Steve B

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @StevieB69 

This may be due to the device you are using. I have android mobiles and tablets both on Android 11  which have Live Caption. I believe it's also on Android 10

This seems to switch itself on and is a pain to swtch off. Luckily I found a shortcut on my Moto G9 power at the top of the screen under settings to turn it off. Sadly that option wasn't available on my Samsung tablet.

The following page should help with various ways to turn it on and off on different devices. 

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-turn-on-live-captions-in-android-10/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for replying, I’ll take a look 👍

Update!

I’ve sussed it! Even though it wasn’t enabled, in ‘accessibility/subtitles and captioning’ i had to select ‘closed captioning + SDH’ on then off again and this has stopped the unwanted subtitling on the Sky Sports app. Why i have had to do this since it wasn’t enabled in the first place i dont know, but its fixed now so alls good. 👍