cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky one recrodings

frost2029
Dialled in

Hi,

Does anyone know if I'll still be able to watch anything recorded from Sky one after it gets replaced with Max/Showcase? Hopefully I'll still be able to but got a lot of them to watch before then if not.

14 REPLIES 14

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I guess we’ll find out on Wednesday.

Personally, I’m more concerned with what happens to series links for series currently on Sky One.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to, and all will still be available via On Demand. Much of Sky One’s content has already started moving (e.g. comedy programmes are already listed under Sky Comedy via Catch Up). 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this is anything like previous channel re-brands, then it just amounts to a change of channel name on the EPG, but the underlying identifier remains the same. It's that, that I'm sure recordings are tied to - even if it does change, the usual 3 or 6month limit will likely apply.

Series-links, being single-channel in 360-land, I can see being potentially problematic. Unless they can follow the channel "identifier" (sure there's a correct term for it)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

VM have stated that a series recording setup on Sky One for a programme that is on Sky Showcase will still record but if the Sky One programme moves to Sky Max it won't record unless the series link is set to "All channels".

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

VM have stated that a series recording setup on Sky One for a programme that is on Sky Showcase will still record but if the Sky One programme moves to Sky Max it won't record unless the series link is set to "All channels".

And where is the "All channels" option on 360.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM PR/email that mentioned SL's being set to "All channels" mentioned TiVo/V6. Or at least the one I received, did.

360-SL's are single-channel and don't have this option.

roy247
Community elder

If it's similar to the email I received about the new channel's there's no mention about exìsting recordings or series links, or do you get different emails if you are a V6 or 360 account as there is no option to set SL's across all channels on 360, or is this a different email altogether that I haven't received because I don't have V6 anymore.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Taken from VM TV Edit ...

VM_Sky_All_Channels.JPG

roy247
Community elder

Hi japitts,

Just double checked my inbox and trash can and can't find that tv edit, maybe it was a blip, I do know I have don't to have check my spam folder because virgins spam filter can't detect the difference between spam emails and spam luncheon meat, unlike google.

Roy.

Quick edit: What happens with 360.