Menu
FrugalMcdougal
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sky Ultra HD Content

I have just signed a new 18 mth contract on 10/02/2021, Have I missed having Sky UHD included by 2 weeks and will have to pay an extra £6 a month for it?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
LoneSpeaker
Up to speed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Ultra HD Content

I'm afraid so.  You could ring and see if you can haggle the point you only just signed up and see if they will offer it for free or discounted.  Don't hold your breath though.

0 Kudos
FrugalMcdougal
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, if I can get through I will, took 3hrs on 2 phone calls to negotiate the contract due to Covid. I have even looked at options to add it automatically and I still have to call.

Grumble,mumble,grumble.
0 Kudos
N_f007
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I signed up mid February with the £200 credit. I see they have now increased cost by £10 a month so you are better of than those joining now. 

0 Kudos
LoneSpeaker
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you want to pay the £6 then you can do it via this form

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/skyUHDregistration

takes around 24 hours to action.

0 Kudos
FrugalMcdougal
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mmmmmm...

I think I'll call retentions to see what they can do.

There are various posts in topics in the community which do not rate the service.

I'm picking up that even though the service can be labelled UHD there isn't much, if any, HDR or superior sound qualities such as Dolby Atmos.

So far I don't think any broadcast has initiated the genuine UHD Picture settings on my LG TV, although BT UHD does sometimes broadcast in Dolby Atmos. Iplayer does (HLG)

I do think that after I upgraded my V6 to 360 the upscaled signal output to my TV was improved, so it's not all doom and gloom,

Thanks for all the info though

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello FrugalMcDougal

Thanks for taking the time to raise your query via the forums.

It's been a few days since your last post so we just wanted to check in and see if you were able to speak to the team in regards to the Sky UHD content?

Although we can't make changes to account packages here via the forum we'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Rob

0 Kudos
FrugalMcdougal
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert_P

No not yet, I’m deciding if I can bothered waiting an hour or so for an answer for a service that may not by truly UHD.

It may be lazy of me and COVID has altered your operations but it’s the only way to resolve this.

if you know the quieter times or a secret number with a quick response let me know and I’ll contact retentions, or you may be able to ask someone to contact me?

thanks for your concern though.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me FrugalMcdougal, we don't have any special numbers to call I'm afraid, pretty much every team is really busy.

All of our contact methods can be found here virg.in/VMcontact or you can text us your query for free on 07533 051 809 ^ between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Rob

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi FD 

How much do you pay for your UO bundle a month ? , Looking at other people on here  £80 - £105 , possible discount anything over £6 a month 

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos