Menu
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sky Uhd Boxsets

It seams very strange that if you want to watch a box set of some programs you can only get some of the series 

So if there is 10 series of something you may get series 3 and 7 only available. 

Then the next box set that has 10 series you may get series 1 and 6 and 10 only.   To me this is pointless.   If something has 5 seasons we should have all 5 available or it's pointless.  

Seams Very strange to me. Do you agree?

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Uhd Boxsets

Hi Swf,

Thanks for getting in touch. Do you have this issue with any particular programmes so that I can take a look into this for you?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hawaii Five-O one is one box set..

Has 9 and 10

But not 1 to 8 

Nxi los Angeles is missing season 1, 5,8   but has  2,3,4 6 7 9 10,11,12. 

Blue bloods 

Has 2,8 9,10, 11

Not have 1,3,4,5,6,7,.

Theres many box sets like this. Do others have the exact same thing? 

I also have a issue when I watch episodes 1 in uhd the next episodes are in HD.     Maybe sending out my activation may fix both issues 

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Swf,

I can see that you have already started a thread about episodes differing between UHD and HD, and that a member of the team has replied, so I'll leave that with them! 

Are these series available to view in HD at all? Or are they just completely unavailable?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The reason I mentioned the other issue is incase there linked. 

The missing series do not appear on my box at all.   Should they?

If so could sending out my uhd activation again re set the issue.?

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Swf,

I've just checked, and I can see that there are only some of these series showing on Catch-Up. This is due to the licensing agreement that we have with other broadcasters. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused, I will make sure that this is fed back to the appropriate team.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Laurie_C wrote:

Hi Swf,

I've just checked, and I can see that there are only some of these series showing on Catch-Up. This is due to the licensing agreement that we have with other broadcasters. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused, I will make sure that this is fed back to the appropriate team.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Catch up is something different.

Enjoy hundreds of brilliant Box Sets and epic blockbusters whenever you want – all in stunning Ultra High Definition

By Virgin TV Edit

Enjoy hundreds of brilliant Box Sets and epic blockbusters whenever you want – all in stunning Ultra High Definition

By Virgin TV

This is a the advert from virgin.  But it's misleading as there not really box sets if more then half the series are missing.  

I understand there's nothing you can do   but hopefully it helps others not join if thinking box sets means box sets.     Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Laurie_C wrote:

Hi Swf,

I can see that you have already started a thread about episodes differing between UHD and HD, and that a member of the team has replied, so I'll leave that with them! 

Are these series available to view in HD at all? Or are they just completely unavailable?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Hi who is looking at the sky uhd next episodes changing to HD version with adverts. For me?

Its been a month now.

Everyone should be looking at there own box's  and seeing if you are getting what your being charged for.   It's definitely a issue on a Arris running 4.31   here. It only started when the box updates to 4.31.

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Swf,

Can you expand on this for me, what issue are you having? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

Good morning Swf,

Can you expand on this for me, what issue are you having? 

Best,

Its the issue of when watching uhd box sets  the 1st episode is in uhd then it auto loads the next episodes in HD with the adverts.   V are charging for a service and tricking people many have noticed it and millions probably haven't. .

Its the same issue 5 or 6 of v staff have said there looking into it.

It could be a massive con job.    

Who is looking into it?  Thanks again 

0 Kudos