cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports - poor picture quality

Eeyore2023
Joining in

Evening all,

All the TV channels I have work fine except for Sky Sports. The picture is very poor quality and a bit blurry. Yet TNT sports is outstanding as is all other channels.

Can anyone advise on why this might be and how to resolve?

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Superstar

Do you have Sky Sports HD or Sky Sports SD, TNT channels are HD as standard, Sky Sports HD is optional depending on which TV package you have.

It shouldn't matter if it is only SD .... people ate paying for a service that isn't being delivered correctly if the picture is poor quality/ blurry. More people should complain to Communications Ombudsman for the shambolic service / customer service that is increasingly being provided by VM

@JB1002 wrote:

It shouldn't matter if it is only SD .... people ate paying for a service that isn't being delivered correctly if the picture is poor quality/ blurry. More people should complain to Communications Ombudsman for the shambolic service / customer service that is increasingly being provided by VM

You can't expect SD quality to be as good as HD if this is the case. I would expect Sky Sports SD to be as good as any other SD channel, if they are not then a call to Virgin is required.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

SD means a resolution of 576i, which can look horrible when upscaled on large TVs such as 55" or more. In contrast HD's resolution is 1080i and UHD is 2160p50.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Eeyore2023 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns.

As @roy247 has advised, can you please identify if you have the HD or SD elements of Sky Sports and we can take things from there?

Many thanks

Tom_W