cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD

Gaz1952
Tuning in

I have recently subscribed to SS UHD Channels. However I only get undistorted audio on channel 534. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Gaz1952 

Sorry, I misinterpreted your initial post.

I've checked both channels on my 360 and don't have any problems on either.

Have you tried rebooting your 360? Also re-seating the HDMI cable?

Have you checked BT Sport Ultimate on 531? 

Also are there any other channels with sound distortion?  Animal Planet+1 (ch378) is on the same mux as 533 SS F1UHD.  Blaze (174) and Comedy Central Extra (154) are on the same mux as 532 SS Main Event UHD. This may help determine if it's a signal issue.

It may be a local fault.  Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Gaz1952 

Are channels 532 (SS Sports Main Event UHD) and 533 (SS F1 UHD) working with programs showing?

If so all of your SS UHD would appear to be working correctly.  Channels 534 and 535 are considered to be "overflow channels" (UHD1  and UHD2) for when there may be a clash of programs.

They were often used last season with Premiership football games on a Sunday, where for instance 534 would be showing the same 2pm game that was showing on SS Main Event UHD.  At 3pm 534 would switch to the live studio build up of the game that was due to start at 4:30, whilst 532 continued showing the 2pm kick off. Once the 4.30game kicked off it would be shown live on both 532 and 534

Although 534 is currently showing as broadcasting Live:The Ashes the actual EPG for that channel hasn't been updated.  The Ashes match finished yesterday. When there isn't a program being broadcast it shows a static screen with background music, the same with channel 535.

The next scheduled program to be shown on the overflow channel (534) is the Womens Ashes starting at 12:30 on Wednesday.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newapollo

Thanks for your reply

Channels 532 & 533 are broadcasting the programs, but the sound is distorted.

So at the moment 532 is the sports news and 533 are showing F1 from yesterday. My problem is the audio, which sounds like it is a treble the speed.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Gaz1952 

Sorry, I misinterpreted your initial post.

I've checked both channels on my 360 and don't have any problems on either.

Have you tried rebooting your 360? Also re-seating the HDMI cable?

Have you checked BT Sport Ultimate on 531? 

Also are there any other channels with sound distortion?  Animal Planet+1 (ch378) is on the same mux as 533 SS F1UHD.  Blaze (174) and Comedy Central Extra (154) are on the same mux as 532 SS Main Event UHD. This may help determine if it's a signal issue.

It may be a local fault.  Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi newapollo, once again thanks.

It appears it is the HDMI cable/seating. If I re-seat the cable I get normal audio from 532 & 533, however it does seem to be a bit hit and miss. If I change the channel and then go back to 532/533 I sometimes lose the audio again and I have to re-seat the cable again.

Maybe it's time to replace the cable?