cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD improvement.

Topgun
Dialled in

Like many others on here, I have had an issue with the Sky Sports UHD channels being far too dark on my TV (Sony Bravia). Since the recent update to 5.01 though, I have noticed a distinct improvement in the picture. 
Hopefully this is not just wishful thinking on my part. Has anyone else noticed a positive difference?

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Topgun 

I'm pleased to see that there seems to have an improvement to the Sky Sports UHD channels for you since the recent upgrade to version 5.01.  To be honest I haven't noticed any change, but that may be because I'd been tinkering with some hidden settings on my LG TV to produce a brighter picture,

If you haven't already done so, you can check if there are any straightforward changes you can make on your Sony Bravia (the options do vary on different models from the same manufacturer) Home -> Settings -> External Inputs -> HDMI signal format -> Change to Enhanced format (the default is Standard)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali