cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD anytime soon?

Koolmacher
Dialled in
  • It's now 3 years since the press statement claiming a deal has been struck with Sky for the provision of movies and sport in 4k uhd. Cinema 4k came in 2021 on virginmedia but when are we getting Sky Sport in 4k uhd?

My contract is up in September and a return to Sky is looking very tempting at the minute. 

331 REPLIES 331

Sky Sports in UHD you say?

Well, as I support CPFC, I really don't fancy watching them lose every week in Ulta High Definition......!!

😂

tmleafs
On our wavelength

@tmleafs wrote:

This is the reason I'm not getting it offered for £4

"Yes, but with the bundle you have now is our old bundle in which Sky UHD was inclusive and the new Ultimate bundle does not have Sky cinema UHD included so it actually cost 6GBP extra and for Sky sports UHD and movies UHD it will cost you 10GBP so offered it for best price."

So their new Ultimate Bundle doesn't include stuff I already have I'm also not sure why that matters to me, I think Virgin need to look up the word Ultimate, The top package was supposed to be everything and you were a VIP and got the best price

All I said after the above message was I don't see why the Ultimate top package doesn't include everything, They made me wait 20 mins on chat and then said to try contacting them again in 2 hours, which I didn't bother.

Today I got this email, what they seem to have done is given it free for 11 months then my bill will go up £3, well I'm happy other than finding out everyone seems to be paying £60-£70 pounds for their Ultimate Volt (Mine should be £90 but I pay the upcharge for Netflix 4k and I do have an extra box) 😮 will have to put in my 30 days next time to get a much better price.

Untitled.png
Your-current-bill.png

Surely this should be included for top band or sports bundles…I was also promised UHD would arrive at no extra cost. I’ve come over from sky in November. 

Sky Sports UHD 1 now has proper EPG details. There reall isn't anything scheduled for UHD2 - so that is techinally correct.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

gjbeck
On our wavelength

So I pay for Sky Sports and Sky Cinema + Cinema UHD and Sky on demand UHD, but  if I want Sky Sports UHD I have to pay more?

Any one know how much it costs?

It cost me £7

Strange that 2 days after it has been up and running that there appears to be no official announcement from Virgin!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @gjbeck 

If you already have Sky Sports HD and Sky Cinema HD, and  Sky Cinema & Entertainment UHD then it's an additional £7 a month for Sky Sports UHD.

If you didn't have the Sky Cinema & Entertainment UHD add on then it would be an extra £10 per month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

gjbeck
On our wavelength
As I already pay for Sky Cinema UHD it may be less than £7.
Trying to chat to someone at Virgin now.

gjbeck
On our wavelength
Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @gjbeck 

Fingers crossed for you.

It cost me £7 extra as the Sky Cinema & Entertainment UHD add on was free on my package.

Hopefully you will only be charged £4.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali