cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Premier League soft picture

Koolmacher
Dialled in

Watching the opening game Brentford v Arsenal on Friday evening and the picture quality is very disappointing it looks very soft and low Res. If I switch over to the live Bundesliga match on sky football that looks ok why such a big variance in picture quality on sky sports channels?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you watching in SD or HD? I'd assume HD, but you've not said so I'll check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HD on a 4k Oled other channels are fine bt sport ligue 1, la Liga on premier sports but sky sports Premier League tonight at least is almost sd in terms of picture detail like it's being compressed more than the others.

Bundesliga and Ligue 1 picture quality is definitely better than the premier leagues picture.

Thanks for the confirmation at least I can rule out my dodgy eye sight 👍

Maybe the camera's were automatically compensating for Kelly Dalglish's coat.

naboo
On our wavelength

It has been like this since I have had Virgin 

The quality of HD on the live football from Sky has never been good 

Some games are better than others but NEVER the same quality I used to get from when I had SKY 

It was announced back in 2019 that 4K footy was coming to Virgin in 2020 and that still has not happened 

A decent regular HD picture for SKY football would be nice instead of the soft washed out rubbish we have at the moment 

And before anyone chips in, I do know the difference between an SD and a HD channel and my set has been calibrated to be the best it can be so it is not my tv