cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Match Choice

VJKing
Joining in

Hi - can anyone tell me why match choice on Sky Sports Game of the Day doesn’t work? 
when I press the red button in just says ‘There are currently no interactive events on this channel’. 
This was never a problem when I had Sky as a provider. 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is usually the holding slate put up by Sky themselves when there are no red-button events being broadcast at that time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The red button services Sky provides to their competitors can differ from what is provided to their own customers. On SkyQ/Glass there is full Broadband integration & the RB services provided are far more flexible (HD streams, On Demand video etc). On their older boxes & for their competitors only satellite provided capacity is used. This is restricted to SD only & up to 6 simultaneous live streams. The more streams that are provided the more the quality of the broadcast suffers. There is also no On Demand facility as there is no two way communication with Sky’s infrastructure.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi VJKing thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Your fellow community members have advised you correctly and there's not really anything I can add to what has been said.  Please do advise us how things go.

Regards

Lee_R