cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports F1 UHD - No Dolby Atmos?

Deano792
Tuning in

Hi,

I only seem to get Dolby Digital 5.1, no Atmos.

Atmos works on Netflix etc.

Also has anyone noticed when fast forwarding or rewind when watch the UHD channel it goes black as the tv is switching from HLG to 4K as the menus aren’t in UHD. It could just be my setup, I have the 360 box, connected to a AV amp.

Thanks

Dean

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dean,

Have you tried changing Settings > Audio & Video > Match Frame Rate > and setting it to Off?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

Thanks, I just tried that but it’s still the same. It’s fine when watching Netflix, Prime etc but the HDR get’s triggered on & off when on the UHD channel and fast forwarding etc.

Also be good if anyone else gets Atmos on F1 as Iim sure Sky Sports UHD has Atmos?

Dean

Hello Deano792

Sorry to hear of the Dolby Atmos issues experienced with Sky Sports F1.

It's been a few days since posting, have you been able to resolve this during that time? Do you experience this with other Live TV? You mentioned some app's are working.

Rob

Hi,

i still don’t get Atmos on F1 but there is Atmos on the UHD Premier league channel so everything is working correctly I just assume Virgin don’t have the Atmos feed for F1 UHD?

Thanks

Dean

Hi @Deano792 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. We've reached out for more information regarding this and will be in touch when we know more.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

There is some discusion on the Sky forums questioning if the F1 coverage is even true 5.1

@Deano792 wrote:

Hi,

i still don’t get Atmos on F1 but there is Atmos on the UHD Premier league channel so everything is working correctly I just assume Virgin don’t have the Atmos feed for F1 UHD?

Thanks

Dean

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

I've had a look at the rebroadcast of the race being done now. It's UHD, in stereo and no Dolby Atmos.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yeah I’ve tried a re-run and it’s stereo, when live it’s 5.1.

I’m sure  it’s advertised as Atmos though?

Sky's promotions of F1 are all about UHD and HDR, can't recall any references to DA. I won't be surpised if it's difficult to produce live DA tracks from circuits around the world.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection