cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Movies HD - Picture/Sound Corruption

speedski
Tuning in

I have screen corruption and stuttering sound on multiple Sky Movies (HD) channels - on both boxes - especially bad on rom com and thriller right now.

Anyone else getting the problem?

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @speedski 

Apart from checking all your cabling is snug and tight and free from kinks, have you used the  /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have similar issues with Eurosport 2HD, More 4HD, Sky Documentatires HD or Quest HD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, I have the same problem on all those channels 😞

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, the standard advice for pixellation queries applies.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello speedski

Sorry to hear of the issues regarding the picture quality on Sky Movies channels even in HD, we appreciate you making us aware and taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From checking there does appear to be an issue with one of your boxes, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to arrange a technician.

Rob