cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Comedy HD stuck in a continuous advert loop

judith6
Joining in

Sky Comedy HD as of today is only showing adverts on a continuous loop and no programmes. Has there been a firmware update which has caused this issue or what is the issue?

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi judith6 

No problems with the channel here on my 360 box (version 5.03).

Which box are you having the problems on (360, Stream, tivo, or V6)?

Have you tried rebooting the box, also the hub if you have a stream box.

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi and thanks. It’s a Tivo box, everything has been rebooted and the service status and equipment check are showing good. Clearly everything is not good though! I will contact Virgin direct tmw for a resolution. Thank you for your suggestions.

roy247
Superstar

Hi judith6,

If you are in the Manchester area I can agree that the adds are stuck in a loop, I'm in SK7 and have checked, also tried rebooting the 360 but it looks like the server needs a reboot.

Hi roy247

I'm in Dundee using a 360 box and it's the same here.... Stuck in a loop.

reidm99
Up to speed

I'm in B92 Solihull on a V6 box - same endless loop of Sky adverts.
Tried rebooting both my V6s but no effect.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Same 3 adverts playing over & over again here in Hemel. Looks like Sky’s automated playout system has got stuck.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Superstar

This has now been fixed

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5