cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Cinema UHD on demand - where?

Oxo29
Dialled in

Where has the icon gone?

Only way to play uhd movie is to select HD move then scroll down and pick also in Sky Cinema UHD.  Not right.

31 REPLIES 31

You can get the UHD films. Certainly not ideal but you can.  Count to ten then read the thread.

Brandyman
Tuning in

Same issues for me. Thought I was going mad. 

Not 100% sure it’s broadcasting in uhd when you select a film. I used to be able to get sound output in Atmos. Now I can only get Dolby 5.1. 

That's a bit alarming...

To add to the list of odd changes - yesterday when I checked the "View All" list for Sky Cinemas I noticed that about 100 movies had disappeared overnight (decreased to ~950).

I have no idea which movies were removed, so can't really complain. But I've seen on Virgin Media's website (various pages) that they brag about Sky Cinema giving you access to over one thousand movies. Well that was true until yesterday 😛 

Hello all, 

I reported this last week as an issue and I've had confirmation today that it should be fixed. Please let us know if that's the case! 

Many thanks, 

Dan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks a lot for the update. I just checked - and I can confirm that there is now a button for Sky Cinema UHD located at Box Sets and Movies > Movies. 

I can confirm it is back! Came to post but you beat me to it.

115 uhd films.

115? Are you sure? When I checked an hour ago there were over 300 UHD movie?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wificallerrors wrote:

115? Are you sure? When I checked an hour ago there were over 300 UHD movie?

There are 316 UHD movies showing on my 360

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

bemybezzyman
Dialled in

Don't know if its just me and my TV but when I go onto SkySports UHD at the top of the screen it says HLH HDR meaning a UHD signal is playing but when I go onto a  Sky Cinema UHD film nothing shows and the film just looks like an HD film rather than UHD and also the TV is not telling me a UHD signal is being shown. So my question is are VirginMedia fobbing us off by just putting back the Sky Cinema UHD tab but has no films in UHD something strange is going on here I think I'd appreciate an answer from someone in the know.

Brandyman also posted this comment a few days ago: 

Not 100% sure it’s broadcasting in uhd when you select a film. I used to be able to get sound output in Atmos. Now I can only get Dolby 5.1. 

I hope the UHD movies really are UHD. Otherwise this would just be a scam, as the UHD add-on costs £6 per month last time I checked. Would be great if someone from Virgin Media could confirm