Menu
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema 405 Channel No Longer Available

I assume that the TV guide is incorrect again, it says that Sky Cinema 405 "Channel No Longer Available", Virgin call the channel 5 Star Movies, Sky now call it Animation, so is the guide incapable of updating the listing's because of this. You also can't watch the channel because it think's it's not available.

I assume it's not only the 360 box and it will be fixed sometime soon !

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Cinema 405 Channel No Longer Available

Sky 5 Star Movies has closed on all platforms. Sky Animation is a separate channel available on 412. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the slot on Sky was 305 they have moved animation to fill that slot. Virgin usually just renumber but keep them in the same order.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi roy247,

The Sky Cinema 5 Star movies was a temporary channel provided by Sky following the closure of Sky Disney Cinema on January 30th.

Sky Disney Cinema was removed by Sky/Virgin following the withdrawal of the channel by Disney as they removed carriage in various countries and moved all of the programs onto their Disney+ app.

Going by info on various websites Virgin along with Sky will be relaunching the Sky Premier +1 channel again in the Sky Cinema packages.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Sky Cinema has already got Premier +1 on their 312, maybe tomorrow it will be on Virgin 412 and Animation on 405.

There seems to be more errors with the guide recently in general, take TCM for example, don't set any recordings tomorrow because the guide has missed 4 hours worth of programs at 6 am, so everything according to the guide is starting 4 hours early, same as yesterday, but today it seems to be ok.

For something that you would think is done automatically by computer downloads I would expect better, if Sky get the guide right then why not Virgin.

0 Kudos