cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up TV Channels error on master box

kteirvine
Dialled in

We have had a V6 box with upgraded software to TV 360 for quite some time as our only Virgin box (located in the living room). Last Thursday we upgraded our package and the engineer installed a mini box in our main bedroom. We are able to get all the new additional channels on the new mini box. However, we are unable to get Viaplay Sports 1 & 2 (551 & 552) on the main box in the living room. It says “Setting up TV Channels….they should be available soon.”, but it’s been saying that since last Thursday. The error code is 100:70.

I switched the two boxes over, but still couldn’t get these 2 channels in the living room. I am able to watch both channels the TV Go app on both my Android phone and iPad.

I’ve tried contacting Customer Services a few times, but just didn’t have the time to wait for their response this weekend. I tried live chat tonight, then realised it was closed for the day.

Over the next few days I have a lot of family stuff to attend to, so I tried to use the online help tonight. However, the serial numbers showing onscreen for the two boxes bear no resemblance to the serial numbers on the actual equipment. Therefore, I was unable to click on the appropriate box to progress the issue further.

My husband is cracking up because this issue has caused him to miss a match that he wanted to watch with his friend. They were hardly going to lie on our bed together to watch it now were they. Is it possible for the VM team to sort this out for me on here please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help. I have managed to get on to Virgin using WhatsApp and they responded very quickly. I'm pleased to say that everything is now working as it should be 😁👍

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This does sound like an account error that the forum staff can assist with, just a couple of small bits, "so you know"..

@kteirvine wrote:

We have had a V6 box with upgraded software to TV 360

You don't have V6 anymore, you have TV360 boxes. When your V6 boxes were reformatted and had completely new software installed, they stopped being V6 and started being TV360. It's a bit like saying "my Android phone with updated Apple software"

When the staff team get to this post, likely to be in a couple of days, they will use the forum system's Private Messaging system to exchange the account-level security - much like your telephone password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@japitts wrote:

This does sound like an account error that the forum staff can assist with, just a couple of small bits, "so you know"..

@kteirvine wrote:

When the staff team get to this post, likely to be in a couple of days, they will use the forum system's Private Messaging system to exchange the account-level security - much like your telephone password.

Sign in to your My Virgin Media account and check your security password is still set, last time I tried using mine it had been deleted so I had to set a new one, check first it could save you some time.

@japitts

Thanks. I'm aware of the V6/ TV360 upgrade status. I just thought I'd include the info in case it was known to make a difference to this type of issue. The mini box was only installed last Thursday, so I expect it to be fully TV360 😀 

@roy247

Thanks. As per your advice I've now reset it just in case. I can't check the channels right now, but will do so shortly 😁

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @kteirvine 

Until the issue is resolved it might be a good idea to swap the boxes around, so the room that you use the most for your viewing has the 360 mini set top with all the functioning channels, so if yuo want to watch viaplay 1 or 2 you don't need to go to the bedroom. You can swap them back later.

The only downsides to using this temporary workaround are that you won't be able to pause programs for longer than a  couple of minutes on the mini box since it doesn't have a hard drive. Also the main box needs to be kept on in either fast start or active start mode so it can still record any programs you set up from the mini box.

(Settings > System > Standby power consumption)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo

Thanks. That was going to be a temporary solution. We didn't realise we could do the swap until after my husband missed the match he wanted to see, doh! 

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help. I have managed to get on to Virgin using WhatsApp and they responded very quickly. I'm pleased to say that everything is now working as it should be 😁👍

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @kteirvine 

Thanks for updating the thread,

Pleased to see it's all working as it should be now.

Hopefully there won't be any further issues, but if there are just post again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello kteirvine.

Looks like we were beaten to it by the excellent advise given above and our WhatsApp Team.

Great news its all working now.

Should you need anything else at all, Please pop back on here.

Regards 

Gareth_L