cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up TV Channels 100:70 on Sky Sports on Second Box

JeffGlaister
On our wavelength

I have recently started a new deal/contract which meant me keeping the same package. Since today - probably the day the "new package went live", I get "Setting Up TV Channels 100:70" when trying to watch the premium Sky Sports Channels (501-508), all other channels including Sky Sports News and Mix work fine. This error only happens on my second box, with my main box I can get all channels without any issues. It looks like for some reason that Sky Sports hasn't been enabled for my second box. I have had the second box a few months and prior to requesting a new deal I have had no problems watching these channels on my second box. Could someone from Virgin Media please advise/fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JeffGlaister 

Error 100:70 is usually displayed during initial setup when the box has not yet received its entitlement for Live TV and normally resolves within a few minutes. Since you've upgraded to Sky Sports and they are working on your main box it seems to be that the codes have only been applied to that one box.  

VM should be able to send a signal through to update the 2nd box, however sometimes it needs a tech visit.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and get the Sky Sports channels added. If they can't do it then they will pass it to 2nd level support.  If that fails they will organise a tech visit which may involve a box swap..

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JeffGlaister,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear not all channels were working on your 2nd box after an upgrade, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see you have spoken to us.

How are things now, are you now able to get all channels on both boxes?

Regards

Paul.