cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up TV 360 box before contract start date?

Risingsham
Joining in

Can I set up my TV 360 box before the contract start date. I was currently on broadband and phone only. However, on the 30th of May I will be including a TV package. However, today my TV 360 box was delivered. So I was wondering can I set it up/ installation it today or will that incur a charge doing so as it might assume I am activating it today? I just want to be ready for when I get my TV services on the 30th May.  Should I wait until the 30th May then it set it up.

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Risingsham, thanks for the message. 

The equipment could be activated on delivery and once the box is used and activated the service would commence. 

If this has been booked in for the 30th May the box should not work until this date. ^Chris. 

The delivery was booked for May 3rd and my contract starts on the 30th May, I did not request the delivery early but she advised me of May 3rd delivery date. I have activated my TV 360 box as I was advised by virgin advisor on the phone I can. However I later found out that there will be a pro rata charge for this, I also paid 35£ one off charge, but this did not indicate what the charge was for. Could you advise?

Hi Risingsham,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community ands welcome, sorry for any confusion around your billing/ charges, I will be more than happy to have a look for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.